Welcome to Ergonomica’s Documentation!¶
Ergonomica is a cross-platform shell language implemented in Python that aims to redesign the shell in a more standard, easy-to-use, and powerful way than traditional shells. It is designed as a fully-functional S-expression based language with a few traditional shell features such as flags and piping to combine the functionality of a Lisp with the convenience of the UNIX shell.
To install simply run
pip install ergonomica
Offically Supported Platforms¶
Note that other platforms may likely work with Ergonomica—the following are all platforms that are regularly tested with new Ergonomica releases.
- Replace instances of a word in a file
- Remove all .pyc files recursively
- Add hashbangs to any Python file (if they don’t exist)
- Define a function to go up one directory N times
- Find all directories 7 directory levels down that have more than two items
- Backup all GitHub repositories listed in a file
- Keep track of the number of files modified in a directory
- Spawn a process in the background
- Writing Ergonomica Commands
- Writing Ergonomica Scripts